Donington Park motor racing circuit was the first permanent park circuit in England. It’s first race took place in 1931 on the narrow lanes of the Donington Hall Estate. 1933 the track was widened, made permanent and became a venue for Grand Prix car racing. The second world war put an end to all racing at the circuit in 1939, after being requisitioned by the Ministry of Defence to be used as a military vehicle depot.
Donington Park was purchased by Tom Wheatcroft, a local man made good. Passionate about motorsport and Donington from his early days, when he cycled to watch the pre-war motor racing at the circuit. During the War, Tom served driving tanks and upon his return to civilian life he set up a successful building business. Having made his fortune, his passion returned to motorsport. He sponsored drivers at various levels and amassed the largest collection of motor racing cars in the world. Now known as the Donington Grand Prix Exhibition, his classic car collection moved to the circuit soon after he purchased it, where it continues to grow.
There are 2 circuit configurations at Donington Park, The 1.96 mile National and the 2.5 mile Grand Prix circuit. Donington has a Drive By Noise control system. The majority of our days have a 98dba Drive By limit.
= Under 20 = Exact Number